Victoria Bondoc Initiates Gemini Operations in Boston
Victoria Bondoc started Gemini with the odds stacked against her—a woman in the male-dominated defense community and a minority. To establish an initial business base, she worked on a contract to support US Army Military Police black market crime investigations in Panama in the months leading up to the US invasion of Panama and the capture of General Manuel Noriega. She credits Gemini’s No-Fail, No-Excuses customer support to the innovative strategies the company employs to overcome challenges and succeed.
Gemini Begins Support to Programs at Hanscom Air Force Base that Continues Today
- 1988: System Design and Analysis
- 1993: Information Management Services
- 1997: Publications Distribution
- 1999: Information Technology Services
- 2007: Professional Acquisition Support
- 2015: Engineering Technology Acquisition Support
Cheyenne Mountain Upgrade
- 1988: Management support and technology tools to support the CSS Replacement, CCPDS Replacement, and SCIS Systems Program Offices, and the Acquisition Integration Office
- 1988: Independent Verification and Validation support to CSS Replacement and BMEWS
- 1995: Systems engineering support to SPADOC 4C, SEIT, and SSNIP
Rome Laboratory Program Support
Department of Transportation Volpe Center Support
- 1993: Gemini receives a contract to provide logistics, property, information and transportation support to the John A. Volpe Transportation Center in Cambridge and establishes a track record of customer service that continues today
- 1995: Gemini wins the Department of Transportation Minority Business Enterprise Award
- 2013: Gemini completes its 20th year of support to the Department of Transportation in Cambridge
Operational Command and Control Systems
- 2000: Gemini provides Subject Matter Expert support to Air Force project activities at Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia
- 2002: Gemini supports the development and sustainment of: C2 systems such as JTRS and MATT; C2ISR systems such as JTWS and CAPS; enterprise systems such as SOCRATES; and ISR systems such as HF-TTL and DCGS
- 2005: Gemini wins a $20M contract at Hanscom Air Force Base and begins support to Air and Space Operations, Theater Battle Management and Foreign Military Sales Programs in Massachusetts, Colorado, Nevada, Virginia and Saudi Arabia
Gemini is Named New England Small Business of the Year
The Small Business of the Year Award recognizes integrity, reliability, initiative and capability in meeting significant Government requirements and complying with the exacting standards of Government prime contracting.Gemini was nominated by Air Force Materiel Command. Mr. Dave Condon the Director of the Small Business Office submitted the nomination. "Gemini's performance demonstrates its ability to reduce costs while maintaining the quality of service and on time delivery of products," Condon commented. "Their performance has resulted in cost savings up to 25%."
Gemini Initiates Operations in Florida
- 2001: Gemini wins a $120 Million Contract to provide support to Military leaders and Defense programs and opens its office in Tampa Florida
- 2005: A Gemini team develops a program to accelerate delivery of equipment and supplies to military service members overseas from 6 months to 2 weeks
- 2005: The contract value of $120 Million is increased to $300 Million to expand support and accommodate projects in the National Capital Region, California, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Virginia, and Washington State
- 2015: Gemini initiates operations in Miami supporting US Coast Guard planning.
- 2005: Gemini provides Homeland Security policy, mission and exercise support
- 2012: Support is expanded to deliver cutting-edge technology to support law enforcement investigation
- 2015: Gemini begins its first Coast Guard Contract to support planning in California, Florida, Virginia and Ohio.
Gemini 20th Anniversary
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Certification
Gemini President Victoria Bondoc Participates in the Air Force Chief of Staff "Futures Forum" at the Pentagon
Blue Ribbon Small Business Award®
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce selected Gemini as a winner of its 2016 Blue Ribbon Small Business Award® based on strategic planning, employee development, customer service, and community involvement.
Representative Kenneth I. Gordon hosted a Special Event at the Massachusetts State House to honor the contribution of Gemini to Massachusetts and its economic growth. Senator Michael Barrett, and Business and Community Leaders joined Representative Gordon in honoring Gemini.The US Chamber of Commerce presented the Blue Award to Gemini at America's Small Business Summit in Washington DC.
National Small Business Awards
CEO Victoria Bondoc was named the 2017 Massachusetts Small Business Person of the Year by the Small Business Administration Massachusetts Office, and Woman Small Business Owner of the Year for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. She also received Special Congressional Recognition from the Honorable Seth Moulton (Massachusetts 6th Congressional District).
“Not only has Victoria grown Gemini to over 12 locations, but she also demonstrates such a positive spirit and a commitment to community. We are truly honored to recognize her accomplishments and the success of Gemini as a vital resource for our national defense programs,” said Robert H. Nelson, Small Business Administration New England Regional Administrator.The awards were presented in Washington DC and Massachusetts during National Small Business Week.
Secretary of the Air Force Policies and Programs
Work began on a project at the Pentagon to support Department of Defense and Air Force policies and programs for international affairs, foreign disclosure and export control, cooperative research and development, and security assistance programs.The project provides program management, force management, and development and process improvement support to the Secretary of the Air Force, Headquarters Air Force, and the Defense Security Cooperation Agency.
Maverick of the Year
CEO Victoria Bondoc received the 2017 Maverick of the Year Silver Stevie Award for the “Battlefield to Boardroom” approach to business that doubled productivity, increased revenue and contributed to increasing Defense contracts awarded to women-owned businesses to $9 billion.
The Stevie Awards recognize the achievements and contributions of organizations and working professionals worldwide. More than 1,500 nominations were submitted from 25 nations.